Skip to main content

Today's Anthem: Shake It Out

This is my song of the day. It's such a good song, that always makes me shakes my head and sway back and forth to the rhythm. And right now its so applicable--- so much happened yesterday that was distracting for me- some happy news, some bad news. But ultimately, I have to shake what's happened off and start each day independent of the last.

Today I'm moving on. Proof is in the pudding'-----I went to the gym this morning! Day one, check!

Shake it Out by Florence and the Machine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What It Means to Lose Something

If I hadn't figured out YEARS ago that I was a scattered mind individual and created systems to keep it together, gracious me, I would be a disaster.  I found myself in a meeting today, semi-panicked, because I couldn't use my phone to take notes of things that were coming to mind, so I had to flip over a sheet of paper I was using and just write down a couple of key words to keep it together. If I can't 'document' it somehow, it'll be gone. And my organization system might not make sense to everyone, but it works. For example, I have a silver turtle candle holder on the 1st shelf of my bookcase. Under that turtle goes receipts and documents I need to file. No real rhyme or reason as to how that became 'my place' but that's how it works while I'm in this apartment. I have a similar system with my keys- all 3 sets (car, apartment, work). If I stick with the system, I can usually avoid misplacing or losing things... key word = usually. But some...

Because of You

This weekend I was reminded of why I ended up in my career.  There was a really long period of time where I thought I wanted to be a teacher, but when I was in the classroom, I found I wasn't fulfilled. While I personally loved poetry, I hated trying to get the class I was student teaching with to learn the information. I struggled with how is this going to help them grow up and be good people... Especially when many of them were experiencing forms of abuse and neglect. I was more concerned with addressing their physical and emotional needs. It was hard to admit the career I thought was perfect for me was in fact totally wrong. Between an awesome mentor and being involved on campus, I discovered that I could make working on a college campus a full time job. I earned my masters and started in a full time capacity in 2009. I've been so lucky to work with so many amazing college students since I began my masters in 2007. And this weekend was one of the best I've had in my role...