If I hadn't figured out YEARS ago that I was a scattered mind individual and created systems to keep it together, gracious me, I would be a disaster. I found myself in a meeting today, semi-panicked, because I couldn't use my phone to take notes of things that were coming to mind, so I had to flip over a sheet of paper I was using and just write down a couple of key words to keep it together. If I can't 'document' it somehow, it'll be gone. And my organization system might not make sense to everyone, but it works. For example, I have a silver turtle candle holder on the 1st shelf of my bookcase. Under that turtle goes receipts and documents I need to file. No real rhyme or reason as to how that became 'my place' but that's how it works while I'm in this apartment. I have a similar system with my keys- all 3 sets (car, apartment, work). If I stick with the system, I can usually avoid misplacing or losing things... key word = usually. But some...
I am constantly surprised by the happenings of my every day life. While I never would have predicted it, I certainly wouldn't change it. Who knew? Definitely not me.
Comments